There are hundreds of thousands of cell towers around the country. They are in high demand and will be installed even more as 5G continues to roll out. Without them, people would not have reception when they use their cellular phones. Increasingly, those with land that can rent to cell companies need to know what goes into determining cell tower lease rates.
“If you are negotiating a rate and have no idea what goes into it, you will not get what you should. It’s as easy as that,” explains David Espinosa, president of TowerLeases.com. “You either need to know the industry or work with someone who does, or you will be taken advantage of.”
Here are 5 things that go into determining cell tower lease rates:
- Demographics. The property’s location and demographics will help determine the lease price offered.
- Supply and demand.If there are numerous landowners willing to lease their land in one area, then rates may not be as high.
- Amount of space. The available space will be a factor in determining the rate because it will play a role in what type of tower can be placed on the land.
- Density of users. Those with open land in an area with a lot of demand for cellular service will have the upper hand in negotiating a higher rate.
- Physical property. Land elevation, among other factors, will play a role in determining lease rates because these factors go into building and installing the tower.
“Before signing a deal, get a second opinion,” added Espinosa. “Perhaps you still sign the offered deal, but you may be able to get a better lease. You will only know if you get advice from an industry expert.”
For over 12 years, Espinosa has helped countless people negotiate cell tower leases, as well as with buyouts and providing consultation. He helps people get higher rates and better terms for Crown Castle, ATT, American Tower, SBA Communications, and more. He works with government agencies, individuals, and companies. He offers a free 30-minute lease phone consultation. To learn more, call 404-644-6446, or visit the site at: TowerLeases.com
Located in the Atlanta area, TowerLeases.com serves the country with cell tower lease consultation and negotiation services. Their mission is to help protect those leasing their land for cellphone towers. They offer a free consultation to see if their services would be a good fit for those already leasing their land for a cell tower and those considering doing so. Their services are available in Brazil and have now expanded to South America. For more information on the company, visit their site at www.TowerLeases.com. For a free 30-minute consultation regarding cellphone tower leasing, call 404-644-6446.
4780 Ashford Dunwoody Ste 225
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Ahmedabad Local journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.